Monday, May 21, 2012

Components of a Healthy Life

There are 4 major Fitness components to living a healthy lifestyle.
  1. Weight resistance training
  2. Cardiovascular training
  3. Flexibility
  4. Nutrition
I usually tell most of my clients that if they are accomplishing two of the four, their half way to success. Most people can only handle two, and they never do those two to perfection for that matter. From what I've seen lately, a lot of people do only one ( cardio ). In past posts I've written about the need to tackle all four. Again, if you only do cardio, your burning all your muscle and eventually your skin will start to go south.

Unless you put all 4 components to work, YOU WILL NEVER ACHIEVE OVERALL FITNESS AND HEALTH.  I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching, it is just my passion for my calling. This doesn't have to consume your life, its really not that difficult to watch the portion sizes of your food, moderately lift weights, comfortably do cardio, and relax as you stretch. I understand we all have commitments to other aspects in our life's, but with out your health, what can you really enjoy as you age. Yes, doing one component is better then doing nothing, but you can learn to do all four,each one 3x per week,one hour per workout and get great results. That's going to the gym 3x per week.  That leaves 4 other days of doing what life calls you to do.

Excuse,excuse,excuse, that's all I hear. Excuses are like garbage trucks, they all stink. Get with the program and stop making excuses. 

 I have clients do exactly the 3x per week program, most are in the age range from 52 to 82 years of age. If they can accomplish this, than there's no way you can't. Please get with a trainer and learn how these 4 components can and will help you lead a healthy and active life.

TRAIN RIGHT, LIVE RIGHT, TRAIN WITH WAYNE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment