Thursday, July 7, 2016

Working out to hard?

If you’re anything like me, it’s ALL or NOTHING! I’m ALL IN or don’t want any part of it! For many of us, the challenge is finding that middle ground. If we were accomplished at attaining balance and moderation in every area of our lives, we probably would not be facing the opportunity of getting our extra pounds off, right?
For me it was all about a 180 degree turn around. My way of changing my old daily routine of two jelly doughnuts and a Dr. Pepper to start my day meant a complete repentance of my old life! Instead of my morning stop at the Donut Shop, I hit the gym. I worked out EVERY SINGLE day until I was late for work. I ate very little. I had exchanged my obsession toward “Food” with an obsession toward attaining a “Number” on the scale. I was Miserable. I was Exhausted. I was Stressed. I was Snarky! I was a MESS!
M.E.S.S.
Miserable | Exhausted | Stressed | Snarky!
Why? Why was I such a MESS? Too many reasons to address here in this blog, but at the core, I was out of balance. I was hitting it too hard! Exercise “ala Tina”, EVERY SINGLE day of the week is NOT healthy for ANY body. Eating very little was NOT healthy either! Think about driving a car. No fuel, no go!  I was driving my body, “my machine” to destinations it had never been before without the proper fuel!  I was existing on fumes . . . my reserve tank. I hit the wall! I hit the wall hard! I hit a PLATEAU! Two complete weeks at the same weight, while doing the exact same routine. What was happening?  My body, my machine, went into “storage” mode.  My precious long suffering body had run out of the reserve fuel so it went into storage mode. I was starving. Yes, you can be overweight while starving your body! I was faced with a BIG decision. A.) Console my discouragement with a Super Massive Deluxe Pizza with EXTRA everything; B.) Face my perceived failure and give up all efforts of every being a weight loss success; OR C.) Take a look at what I was doing to my body, my machine, and figure things out!
Fortunately, I selected option “C”. I started to fuel my body, my machine with the proper fuel and took a day off to completely rest my body from extreme cardio and weight training.  The results were amazing! At my following weekly weigh-in, after being at a plateau for three weeks, I had lost a total of thirteen pounds. Plateaus are like bullies, no one likes them, everyone fears them AND there is a reason why they are the way they are! Once I learned what my plateau was there to teach me, I excelled!  I continued on my journey and learned to listen to my body, my machine, better!  I went from being a M.E.S.S. to being FIT!
F.I.T.
Flexible | Innovative | Teachable
We must be open to listen and adapt to our changing bodies.  Unlike machines, they do not run the same way on the same fuel all the time.
Whether you find yourself bored with your daily routine or you have hit a plateau, take a break, enjoy a time out and listen to your body. I am also here to help you on your healthy life journey!
I hope sharing my personal experience has been of help to you! Feel free to contact me for tips and/or inspiration!
Pressing on . . .
Contact Tina:
Nutritional Therapist with a Health Coach Approach
– I lost 150 lbs. and have maintained my Lifestyle since 1997 –
HealthCoach4U@iCloud.com
330.217.2040
- See more at: https://weightlessdate.com/hitting-it-hard/#sthash.YrGDTwTI.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment