Monday, April 9, 2012

Compound Exercises to Tone,Shape,Burn Fat,Get Stronger

As I started this journey 30+ years ago, I was taught that the use of Compound Exercise Movements would not only help me get stronger for the sports I  participated in, but would also help me continue with daily functions as I aged.

Compound Exercises are ones that use one large muscle group and one or more stabilizing muscle groups.
( Example: body weight squats use the large leg muscles but also activate the smaller calve,foot,hip,hamstring,  spinal erector muscles, and help with Balance and Coordination )
This exercise not only keeps your legs in shape and strong, it's also one that  burns body fat like no other.

Squats, Bench presses, shoulder presses, and back rows are all ones that everyone of us should do at least 2 to 3 times a week to keep muscle tone and shape, keep the body strong, and burn fat as we grow wiser in years. All of these give you the biggest bang for your buck and help eliminate wasted time at your fitness center.

Even if one is limited in the movements they can do, a personal trainer can find an exercise similar to these and help you achieve the results you need and desire.

I use these exercises as part of every workout I do and I can teach them to anyone no matter your age or even disability. So please stop wasting your time with the little useless nicky nack exercises we all read about in fly bye night magazines, and get with a trainer who has studied the human body through scientific evidence and practices what they preach.

P.S. I practice what I preach daily, and at 47 years of age I'm stronger now then when I was 25 years of age.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment